Calling all cat rescuers, your help is needed.
We have no time to scold or pass judgment as the lives of these 12 cats are at stake. If you can help, please help. We will subsidise the treatment for the sake of these cats and kittens. Let’s just pool our resources together and save their lives first. AnimalCare will subsidise the treatment, but we cannot take over the cats/kittens.
If you can help, please contact Amira, and take the poor cats/kittens to the vet for treatment.
I have written to ask for Amira’s hp. Will update when she replies.
UPDATES at 9.34am: Amira Sabri’s hp: 013-3067892
On 4th March, I received this:
From:
mira
meera_deeba_happy_peace@yahoo.com.myMessage:
hi dr chan…I have 12 cats.. 2 adult female and 1 adult male..my
problem start when my fiance take a female kitten to the house with
his body full with fungus.my adult female cat gives birth for the
kitten on January.At early stage I can cured for the sick
kitten.however her fungus became worse this year and already infected
to all my cats.I tried to give them treatment that I can bear..but the
result is disappointing..I will get married on this December..I cannot
afford their expenses for food and medicine because i need to save for
the wedding..I hope Dr Chan can fine a responsible person to take the
sick cats for treatment and the mother with her kittens..
I asked for photographs so that I could blog and get help. But at the same time, I told Amira she must take responsibility for her cats and not just pass the buck to others. That isn’t fair.
However…
Dr.Chan, I tried to get them to vet…but the sick one became more aggresif…the mum and 4 kittens infected too..the mum refuse to eat more and feed the kittens..I try to bring all of them to spca this week but the doctor said they will try to cure mum or they will be put into sleep..the dr comments really make myself afraid..I will email their latest picture..
And finally, just minutes ago…
Dr chan,I give you the picture of the infected cat..I never seen anything like that..what it is…it only take two days to infected the kittens..can you seen any volunteers to take them to vet? It hard to me to take leave in this week..I also do not know the best vet I can refer them..I already ask one clinic but the cost for neuter one male cat is rm120…the medical check is rm20 for one cat not including the treatment and medicine…I afraid the cats cannot wait until this weekend..
Let’s just save these cats first.
Please help.
Our offer to Amira Sabri:
Mira,
Here’s what we can offer:1. Transport your cats to a vet.2. Get your cats treated.3. You must take back ALL your cats after that as we cannot keep your cats for you. You can arrange for adoption later.Pls get them treated first.
However, judging from the email from Amira, she doesn’t want her cats anymore. So, if there is any good samaritan out there who is willing to take care of her 12 cats, please offer your help.
Let’s just help these cats first.
UPDATES at 10.45am – We’ve got Amira’s hp. A volunteer has offered to help her take her cats and kittens to the vet, but Amira says she only wants to take them on Saturday. I am confused now. Her email sounded so urgent. We’ve got her the help now, but she wants to do it herself (which is good, but only on Saturday?). Any delay may cause the cats and especially the kittens their lives, and we pray Amira will not delay, especially when we’ve got her to transport help and we’re going to sponsor fully since she says she has no financial provisions for them. I have even arranged for an appointment at my vet for Amira’s 12 cats/kittens. The ball is in her court now. She has to do the needful and accept the help. Vet ready, transport offer ready, funds ready. Is Amira ready?
UPDATES at 1.50pm – I’ve got the same volunteer to help Amira transport the cats on Thursday to the vet’s. The only condition is that Amira has to confirm it because it would not be nice for the volunteer to travel all the way there to find no one at home. The volunteer has spoken to both Amira and her fiance, but both seemed to be not very coherent so I can only hope that there is no misunderstanding. Pray, folks, pray. This is as much as we can offer already. When Amira made it sound like it was so urgent, I agreed to sponsor the treatment for today, for the sake of the cats. But since it is now not urgent, we feel it is only fair that we subsidise. All rescuers/fosterers have to fork out some funds. Nothing comes for free in life. I will speak with Amira on this and work out something agreeable.
UPDATES at 6.11pm – As of now, the following has been agreed upon. Our volunteer will guide Amira to the clinic (Amira has her own transport) and she will find her own way back after the check-up. An appointment has been made for Thursday, for all her 12 cats. Amira has agreed to pay 50% of the bill and we will subsidise the other 50%. Let’s hope for the best now.






Comments
9 responses to “VERY URGENT – help needed for 12 cats (Amira Sabri’s)”
OMG! # slaps forehead. Hope the kitties survive
I can only say this :-
MINTAK TOLONG TAPI BANYAK SONGEH !
Don’t even understand why is it so difficult to ‘get ready’ since she herself said to ask for volunteer to transport + afraid the cats can’t wait until this weekend. And it’s not like one only realise today that he/she has 12 cats and have to save up for a wedding end of this year. No planning?
Hope she comes to her senses for the cats. She’s not helping anyone or the cats by waiting till Saturday. The skin lesions look horrible.
Moral of the story: Need URGENT and guaranteed aid?? Drama a little, there’ll be lots of people to jump in and offer help. Very smart move! or at least please be clear in the message “I only want financial aid, I don’t want other help”. I so stupidly called and told her I will arrange my cabby guy to Sg Buloh thinking she has no transport.Sorry Dr.Chan, I couldn’t help it.I wasn’t wrong after all.
Thanks, Megaa. But we’ll keep our word of helping her 12 cats/kittens with a 50% medical subsidy. It is for the poor animals. If this appt had not been arranged, the poor cats/kittens might just die of whatever they are having now. Like I said, ultimately, whatever we do, it’s about whether we can sleep peacefully at night. So far, I’ve had no problem with that.
Hi Megaa…i dont know what to say when i read this post. Hope she keeps her words and hopefully kitties are ok. You are very kind to offer transportation help to her.And to Dr Chan, im amazed by your level of patience handling all these, but as what you always say, the most importance is the animals’ welfare
Dont forget ya Amira, this thursday 8th March 2012. Everybody are counting on you to do the right thing now.
Amira, look at this as a bit of training as you prepare for your marriage. You have taken responsibility for 12 cats. Now they are ill. If you choose to dump them because it’s too much bother or expense to cope with their illness, I hope you’ll remember them when and if you have children. Taking responsibility for a life means you don’t dump that little creature when the going gets hard. Please be responsible for these cats.